Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Road Map Better Known as God's Plan

     God has a miraculous way of getting us ready for what he has planned for us.  If you would have told me 15 years ago I was going to be working in a school with a child with special needs I would have said "Yeah right, in your dreams!"  First off school wasn't my favorite thing as a child and secondly I knew nothing about handicapped kids, I went to school for business management, not education.  But God placed our family in a small town in Iowa instead of moving us to Texas and I went to register my 2 boys for school and asked if they had a PTA sign up sheet so I could volunteer at school and that is when the principal handed me an application.  Who could have known that working with that student and other kids along with the wonderful teaching staff for 5 years was God's way of preparing me for having my beautiful son Joshua who was born with Down Syndrome?  The only answer to that question is God himself.  The only title that truly fits this post is the one that is listed above because that is what life with Josh is really like.  A road map is not just one straight line that gets you from point A to point B.  There are twists and turns, detours, and even the occasional road block.  You can even get to the same place by taking a different route every time you travel to that destination.  That is exactly what life is like with Josh.  The road from point A to B is never straight or easy, and very seldom is it the same every day but, with this map you meet some wonderful people along the way who help shape this little man who I am very proud to call my son.  I hope you will follow us along on our journey, and watch what God has instore for Joshua and his family!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Sally! I look forward to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally and Josh - I can't WAIT to follow along with you on your journey called life! Love you guys!! XOXO! Welcome to blogging! :) AND, I LOVE the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have successfully managed to both inspire me and make me cry in your first post. Can't wait to learn more from you and your spunky, wonderful little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the day Josh was born. "It all started here." Keith said, as he showed us where you water broke.It was a blessed day. You are an amazing person, mother, teacher and friend. Josh is a beautiful special boy, who is lucky to have a mom and the family he has. I am excited to follow your journey. Love you

    ReplyDelete